I follow them & I think you should too

this is me...then
urban enigma
money hoes and clothes
los tha scholar
joshua arts
oddisee music
sneak peek
the real kesh
john forte
black snob
juju mama
blak hand side
bourgie adventures
divine rae
the boobs
the cynicalones
new money machinko
leet money
2 dope boyz
flipelican
sister toldja
neglected sound
dope lyrics
awesome 4 sale
afro fantasy
fracturedminds
until i get married
closing in
the lauren show
(not)happy about this



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Blogs By Black Women
Powered By Ringsurf


Black & Single in The City

I pimp the truth, that's the only method

Friday, August 28

I confess

(imported from tumblr)

I love love. There you have it. And this fondness for the feeling/experience, has gotten me martyred, and in more trouble than one needs be. Alas, I can say that I have learned from any negative love exploits I have taken. But, my heart she wants what she wants when she wants it. And I’m honest with myself. There are times when I get caught up in her whirlwind. Most recently she has been playing kiss kiss with l’amour. 2009 has been the year of the beautiful gentlemen. Well some more beautiful than others, and please understand that the term “beautiful” is more of an idea than a physical description. The main players:

There is Mr. Beautiful Mind: the newer one of the lot, actually I haven’t had the pleasure, but just the mere thought of an interaction causes the heart the skip a beat (silly me, no silly silly heart of mine).

There is Mr. Humor: oldest acquaintance, and actual ex, came to the realization that I’m “wifey” material. Hmmm so far so good.

There is The Artist: extremely eccentric, filled with soo much creativity that at times he is in a frenzy to release it, his energy is irresistible

There is Mr. Music Lover: wanna be DJ, but hey I support, he fits the profile of a guy that would gather my attention. He is the least favored of the lot

So see it’s rather easy to get caught up in the hype. But I’m not. Had this been me even a year ago, with such a palate of players to choose from, I would be in monumental TROUBLE. But here is where I have grown. Instead of leading with my heart, I finally have developed a beautiful marriage of my heart and my head. My heart she is wild, my head she is the wiser of the two. She keeps my heart in line. I know that the universe is answering my call of desire for a mate. Lucky for me, I understand that this is a gift, a blessing. It needs to be nurtured and given room to grow.

As badly as I desire h.i.m there is no need to rush. This time around I want to ensure that I get the strong, intelligent, caring, open-hearted man that I desire. His ying will balance my yang. I will have found the body in which the rib that I am fits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home