I follow them & I think you should too

this is me...then
urban enigma
money hoes and clothes
los tha scholar
joshua arts
oddisee music
sneak peek
the real kesh
john forte
black snob
juju mama
blak hand side
bourgie adventures
divine rae
the boobs
the cynicalones
new money machinko
leet money
2 dope boyz
flipelican
sister toldja
neglected sound
dope lyrics
awesome 4 sale
afro fantasy
fracturedminds
until i get married
closing in
the lauren show
(not)happy about this



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Blogs By Black Women
Powered By Ringsurf


Black & Single in The City

I pimp the truth, that's the only method

Friday, August 28

Street dreams are made of these...

(imported from tumblr)

As I lay in slumber last night, I had a beautiful dream*. And I know exactly what its imagery was in reference to. But for most of the day, I have been too afraid to approach it head on. I guess I was hoping that maybe if I let it fade, then I won’t have to address its rather apparent truth. But before I wax and wane about by indecision in making this entry, I guess I should give some sort of description of the dream that was oh so beautiful.

I do not remember what my function was in this dream or to what or whom I was after, but I was seeking something. I remember being in a building where the stairs wrapped around one another and the elevator was invisible and flew sideways and at an angle. Seems like the elevator was the key to my mission. And I could not for the life of me, get off the stairs and to the elevator. The only choice I had was to leap from the building and into the water that surrounded it. Upon contact, I was sucked down to the bottom, more like captured and dragged to the bottom. And I knew this was the end for I’m human and can’t breathe under water. But once I made it to my destination, strangely I could breathe; better than I ever could with air. I was greeted by a species of human-like creatures. And they accepted me. I felt at peace. I felt accepted. I felt at home. And to my surprise, I was acquainted with a love I never knew could exist. He made me glow. Literally. My aura radiated golden, with a faint trace of purple. Alas, those I left in my former reality needed me and missed me. But I knew that if I returned, I would have to leave my new found home, and my new found love.

And this is where I woke, faced with this realization. And what realization is that, that I most leave the city I currently inhabit to claim what is rightfully mine. My heart, my soul, my desires reside elsewhere. I must leave the city of my childhood, and find my place to grow as an adult. And strangely this is what I fear. Change is a good thing, but it can also be a fearful thing. The known is comfortable. You know your place, where you fit, and what is expected of you. But change I must not fear. I have made statements of moving to many, but it being a reality makes things more urgent. I must face that I will leave my home, my parents, my friends, here. For my forever is there. Wherever there may be.

*This dream was beautiful in a sense that I woke up well rested, happy, totally centered, and at peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home