I follow them & I think you should too

this is me...then
urban enigma
money hoes and clothes
los tha scholar
joshua arts
oddisee music
sneak peek
the real kesh
john forte
black snob
juju mama
blak hand side
bourgie adventures
divine rae
the boobs
the cynicalones
new money machinko
leet money
2 dope boyz
flipelican
sister toldja
neglected sound
dope lyrics
awesome 4 sale
afro fantasy
fracturedminds
until i get married
closing in
the lauren show
(not)happy about this



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Blogs By Black Women
Powered By Ringsurf


Black & Single in The City

I pimp the truth, that's the only method

Monday, September 7

tired to call or least beep the Lord part II

The finale (or at least that's what I hope)...

A few posts back I started an on the topic of religion. And I really have been meaning to get back to it. Seriously. But, and of course there is a but, various things have kept me away. Be it my rare fickleness (and it is truly a characteristic that roars its ugly head at the most inopportune times), the 33923004 things that have been going on in my head and my life, or my un-readiness to address some of things that this topic is forcing me to deal with, alas I am here, and I feel that I most bring some sort of short term conclusion to the matter. I know it wont be permanent, because my spirituality is constantly evolving and if I continue to blog out my thoughts then its pretty much a guarantee that it will resurface.

There are soo many things that have shaped me religious wise. And actually, I think I'm going to stop right here and address how off it is for me to use the word "religion". There is absolutely nothing wrong with believing in a higher being and living a life to honor that belief, but i feel the word "religion" is too constraining. It mandates man to follow certain guidelines in worship. One most believe certain doctrines which is so absolute, so confining to me. Such an idea of spirituality is very pragmatic, better yet very dogmatic. So I graciously bow out of that line of reasoning.

Thus I find myself, as stated in the previous post, no longer identifying with Christianity. But not just that particular religious ideology, but any that only allows its followers to worship in one main overarching way. For the sake of my fingers, and your time, I wont get into great details on everything I believe (but if you want to have to conversation I'm all open. Just hit a sistah up, we can rap). However, before I leave this post I feel I should at least share some more.

My thoughts, beliefs and truths are hard from some to follow. But I see all religions, where there is a belief in one higher all-seeing omnipotent being, as fluid. They are the siblings of each other. Some more connected than others (as in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam), but the bottom-line is that the same force and energy underlies them. Furthermore, I do not view the practices (i.e. ancestor worship) of my ancestors as a taboo. They are just as much a part of honoring The Devine, as is Catholicism's practice of praying to the Virgin Mother Mary.

I must state before I bid this topic adieu, that these are just my opinions, which have been shaped by many different experiences and many different people. And I am not saying that if someone is a Christian, or Muslim, or a Buddhist, that they are doing it all wrong. That would be far from what my heart is about. I respect and honor everyone's religious views. I do not feel that mine are higher or better than anyone else's. This is my truth and gives me peace of spirit when its all said and done.

When I am asked about my religion I kindly state that "I have an open-heart, an open-mind, and an open-spirit."

*PS...I realize there is one aspect that has yet to be addressed. My Grandfather. But that is something that needs a post all to its self.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home