I follow them & I think you should too

this is me...then
urban enigma
money hoes and clothes
los tha scholar
joshua arts
oddisee music
sneak peek
the real kesh
john forte
black snob
juju mama
blak hand side
bourgie adventures
divine rae
the boobs
the cynicalones
new money machinko
leet money
2 dope boyz
flipelican
sister toldja
neglected sound
dope lyrics
awesome 4 sale
afro fantasy
fracturedminds
until i get married
closing in
the lauren show
(not)happy about this



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Blogs By Black Women
Powered By Ringsurf


Black & Single in The City

I pimp the truth, that's the only method

Tuesday, September 22

The views you see in the news is propaganda

An addition to my online writing life, I am now one of the contributors to Street Politician. Since this is my blog then more than likely you will see a post or two or three that I do over there lifted to here. But to me nice I will include "post via Street Politician" for those entries.

(post via Street Politician)

*steps to the mic* Ahem is this thing on? With this being my first official post just thought I would throw up a little disclaimer. I have a lot on this heart and mind of mine and I wish to share it with the masses. The views you see are mine and mine alone. They are just opinions. Feel free to say whatever you think is on your heart in the comments. Just know that a words smith I can be, so if you really want to go there, we good. Other than that, hope I'm able to shine the light into the darkness and in the process not take myself too seriously you dig? So here we go.

"You can't fool all the people all of the time
But if you fool the right ones, then the rest will fall behind
Tell me who's got control of your mind?"


These are some lyrics from Dead Prez. You might be wondering why did I post them, and what is the thing with propaganda in the news? Well bear with me and hopefully by the end of this post all will be clear. I recently had a conversation via the new hot thing in the streets, TWITTER, about this whole H1N1 scare. And yes its a scare. I find it rather amusing that when something pretty major on the political front is going on, something else, that happens to pull at the emotional nerve of the people, pops up. And the news media bandwagons this new topic and it becomes the "BREAKING NEWS STORY" of the day.

Dont get me wrong, if you believe you have H1N1 please by all means go to the doctor ASAP. Do not pass go, do not stop and collect $200. Just saying, the the disease is just that serious. However with that said, H1N1 is not the new AIDS or the killer from the movie Outbreak. People are not going to start catching it and dying off like flies. Well at least the ones with good health insurance will not. And here is the root of the problem.

First, the FLU has always been a killer. There is nothing new here to see. Who does it kill the most, the young and the elderly. And more importantly, it kills a higher number of people with little to no health coverage. If you dont have access to good medical services, then you are going to treat the sniffles and the shakes as a cold. Its no coincidence that the countries who were hit first with H1N1 were in "poor developing nations" where the masses do not have access to adequate health care. Second, more people are dying from complications of obesity, cancer, and HIV/AIDS than from influenza. In addition more people are contracting HIV/AIDs, and developing diabetes than are contracting H1N1 or any other form of the flu.
click to continue reading

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home