I follow them & I think you should too

this is me...then
urban enigma
money hoes and clothes
los tha scholar
joshua arts
oddisee music
sneak peek
the real kesh
john forte
black snob
juju mama
blak hand side
bourgie adventures
divine rae
the boobs
the cynicalones
new money machinko
leet money
2 dope boyz
flipelican
sister toldja
neglected sound
dope lyrics
awesome 4 sale
afro fantasy
fracturedminds
until i get married
closing in
the lauren show
(not)happy about this



Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Blogs By Black Women
Powered By Ringsurf


Black & Single in The City

I pimp the truth, that's the only method

Thursday, October 22

I grab my pen, caressin' empty pages

*props to the person who gets the song that the title of this post is from*

Thursday Thoughts

I have had a lot on the mind lately and its actually been rather hard trying to pin one topic down to write about. Don't get me wrong I have attempted at writing, but I don't know, be it indecision, a lot going on in my life, foolishness in the media, or just writer's neglect (pick one, any one, they are all pretty accurate), most nights I log on to write and nothing happens. Which is actually ironic that I cant write when I want to, because when I go to bed I end of having to get up and jot down all the random thoughts that pop into my head, which refused to appear when I failed at making a blog entry prior to getting into the bed. Long story short, (which I was on the road to making this longer than need be) I have decided to start putting all those random thoughts here, on Thursdays. Cause see, I don't believe that they deserve an entire entry onto themselves, but still they should be wrote out and shared and oh gee hey this is my blog and my little space of the net so I got the creative freedom to do just that. Without further adieu the fist installment (of what probably will be a continuing topic) of the random thoughts that pop into my head, when I should be dreaming instead:

Friends:
I don't let people in very easy. So when someone sets me aside like some outdated outgrown pair of shoes it bothers me. I care and saying others wise wouldn't be honest. And more than I would like to admit, I actually think about it over and over, wondering what transpired to make the person decide that interacting with me or being associated with me was more than they desired. And yes I realize that its not always all about me. Maybe one day I wont care as much as I do. Maybe one day the actions of others wont affect me as deeply as they do.

Dating:
Honestly, relationships don't have to be hard. Don't rush it, build a friendship, and communicate-which means listen and care. Its that simple. No really it is. We make it complicated. We ignore our good judgments and forget that its not all about us. We fail to care about the other persons point of view and all that has occurred in their life to make them who they are.

When keeping it real goes wrong:
Memphis recently had a mayoral election (which was some tom foolery all in of itself). What irked me the most was getting an facebook invite to an after-party for a DEBATE. Like you got to be kidding me right?! People, everything is not a d*mn party. We do not need to shake our backsides in celebration of everything. A debate, for freaking mayor, does not garner the need for an after-party. The whole thing reminded me of the boondocks episode when the onslaught of masses danced in jubilation over the R Kelly verdict. Please get a grip.

Who you calling a B*tch:
A b*tch when called such will respond in one of two ways
1)She will either take pride in having such a label and accurately portraying herself as such, thus reinforcing the premise which led to her being labeled as such in the first place.. or
2) She will get down right indignant with the messenger who bestowed her with such a moniker and will proceed to give that poor soul the tongue lashing of his/her life, or so the b*tch believes. Which also reinforces the basis of why she labeled as a b*tch in the first place

But a woman, who knows that she is not a b*tch will approach such follies (of being referred as a female dog) in the following ways, depending on her mood
1)She will completely ignore such an asinine comment and commenter because she realizes that the individual does not possess the intellectual fortitude to address her properly thus they rely on childish and meager vocab words to express their frustration...or
2) Knowing that she is not a b*tch and knowing the maturity and intellectual disadvantage the opposing party possess, wont be offended but will demand that the lowly individual respects her queendom for what it is. They don't have to understand her strength of intellectual capacity but they will respect her and she will call them out when they fail to do so.

Interesting though, many confuse the responses of the b*tch and the woman who knows she is not a b*tch and will thusly conclude that both are b*tches. Go figure.

1 Comments:

Blogger MaxPtah said...

I like the breakdown of the whole Who you calling a B*tch part...Nice.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home